You worked like the clappers to meet a really tight deadline this morning. You also had to resolve a tricky problem that wasn’t of your making. AND you had a nightmare journey back from a client meeting this afternoon. How do you unwind after such a terrible day?
Here are a few suggestions:
- Go and exercise. Enjoy a fun class at the gym; thump a boxing bag; or do a relaxing Pilates or yoga class
- If you’re not into exercise, put your feet up and lose yourself in some classical music
- Run a deep bath, pour in some relaxing oils and have a good soak
- Dance around in your home to some loud music
- Take the dog for a good walk or run
- If you enjoy cooking, immerse yourself in preparing a tasty evening meal – preferably with something interesting on the radio to listen to
- Have a fun night out with friends
- Lie down and listen to a relaxation tape
- Play with the cat – pets are great stress busters
- Meditate for 20 minutes
- Watch a cartoon or comedy programme on the TV – laughter is a great de-stresser
- Have a game of ping pong (I’ve got a mini set that fits onto my dining table)
How do YOU unwind after a busy and stressful day?