Here’s how you will benefit if you read my blog on a regular basis:
- You will build an invaluable knowledge bank containing all the key information you need to succeed as a freelance.
- By leaving comments on my posts, you will become part of an online community of freelancers where you can seek advice and support – and enjoy ‘water cooler’ chats.
- If you choose to get my blog posts emailed to you, you will receive a free report called ‘21 Freelance Challenges and How to Overcome Them‘. Simply fill in your name and email in the box on the right hand side.
- You will find posts on every aspect of freelancing, from setting up your home office to marketing yourself – and everything in between.
If you’re new to the blog, here are a few posts you might like to read
Some facts about me
- I’m a marketing copywriter who has been freelance for twice as long as I was an employee. My background is in marketing and PR and my last ‘proper job’ was at the Financial Times where I ran the PR department.
- I’m an accredited SEO copywriter.
- After graduating with an honours degree in Business Management and French from Leeds University, I joined Texas Instruments in a marketing role. I then spent five years working in PR on the agency side and subsequently moved in-house to become head of public relations at the Financial Times.
- I am a member of The Society of Authors, the writers’ organisation, 26, and provide advice on copywriting and blogging for the telephone-based advice website, Greatvine.
- I’ve written two mini books for Kindle: 101 Top Copywriting Tips and 101 Top Freelancing Tips. I’ve also written a self-study course called How to Write a Brilliant Blog.
- I lived in Thailand for five years when I was a child.
- I have two young rescue cats, Charlie and Lola (they are brother and sister).
- I love taking photographs of flowers and have an online store at Society6.
- I would love to have a pond full of ducks (but I live in a second floor flat).
- I’m a fan of 40s and 50s musicals.
Connect with me on: