If you’ve not yet decided whether freelancing is for you, here are ten advantages of going it alone:
- You won’t have a boss breathing down your neck. You ARE the boss.
- You set your own timetable. If you want to start at 11am, you can. If you want to take time out in the day and work at night, you can.
- You can take your laptop and work wherever you want to. No more being chained to a desk.
- When you find you have a free day, you can go out and enjoy yourself.
- You don’t have to put up with annoying work colleagues.
- When you’re busy and you need to put in extra hours, that extra money you earn goes into YOUR bank account not a big corporate’s.
- If you finish your day’s work at 4pm, you don’t have to stay at your desk until 5:30pm ‘looking busy’.
- You can choose the kind of work you do. Just say ‘no’ to projects you don’t think you’ll enjoy doing.
- You can choose how many hours a week you want to work. (If you only want to work part-time, you’ll need to learn how to say ‘no’ to some projects.)
- You won’t have any office politics.
The next post will look at ten DISadvantages of going freelance.