NFD 2011 is next week and it’s all about celebrating freelance working in the UK.
It’s a day to focus on the opportunities that freelancing offers to individuals, to organisations and to the UK economy. The day is organised by PCG, the voice of freelancing in the UK, which represents the largest slice of Britain’s 1.4 million freelancers.
Click here for a chance to win one of 10 pairs of tickets to the Freelance Lecture on November 23 at St Luke’s in Old Street, London EC1. The subject this year is ‘Flexibility, capability, agility, compatibility – let’s talk freelancing!’
Check out the special webinars for freelancers to celebrate NFD 2011. They range from using social media, getting referrals, running email campaigns, CV and interview techniques, negotiating rates and landing big clients.
The guide covers:
- Setting up your freelance business – Important rules and regulations, limited company start up and the alternatives
- The books – Accountants, booking keeping and money matters
- Paying the taxman – VAT and taxation
- Running the show – Winning work, financial planning and managing your workload
- Risk Prevention – Insurance cover
And while you’re on the NFD 2011 site, why not complete the Are You Fit To Freelance quiz to see how up to speed you are on tax, VAT and other freelance issues? There were some questions that were news to me, so it’s worth checking out. This quiz refers to UK freelancers and not to those in other countries.
Let’s all raise a glass to ourselves on November 23 and celebrate freelancing!