I’ve been freelance for many years now – in fact for twice as long as I was an employee – but there are certain things I just can’t help worrying about.
- What if I get really ill and can’t work?
- What if I don’t get any work next month?
- What if I win all the projects I’ve quoted for – how will I cope?
- What if my brand new client doesn’t like the copy I’ve just written?
- Should or shouldn’t I go away for a fortnight’s holiday – what if I miss out on a plum project when I’m away?
After all these years, I never seem to change. I worry because I’ll have too much work and worry that I won’t have enough. Where’s the logic in that? And I worry about things that MIGHT happen.
Maybe it’s just me, or maybe it’s general freelance paranoia that goes with the job.
Do you worry just as much? If so, what do you worry about?