When I wrote the first post for this blog back in 2010, it was top ten tips for people thinking about going freelance.
Here are ten more tips, for those of you who have already taken the plunge:
- Always take time to work ON your business to help ensure you have a pipeline of projects
- Be active on social media – it’s a great way of raising your profile
- Invest money and time in keeping your skills up to date
- Choose a networking group that’s right for you and make it work hard for you
- Always meet your clients’ deadlines
- Don’t discount your rates
- Be prepared to say ‘no’ to a job
- Get to know other freelancers in your niche: they are a good source of leads and they can help you out when times get busy
- Be efficient at sending out your invoices: the faster you send them out, the faster you will be paid
- Always include your terms and conditions when you send out a quote to a potential client.